Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
Providing Enhanced Support That Recognizes Your Unique Challenges
The EOPS Program at AVѧԺ provides low income and educationally underserved students with support services that includes specialized counseling, financial aid, priority 1 registration, tutoring, assistance with purchasing books, and more.
As a college success program, EOPS is designed to provide opportunities for students with academic potential, who historically would not have been able to attend college.
The EOPS program also includes two supplemental programs:
- Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) for single parents receiving public assistance
- NextUp for current or former foster youth
EOPS services include academic assistance as well as financial assistance and fee waivers.
- Counseling – Get one-on-one academic, career and personal counseling. Prescriptive/comprehensive academic planning to complete your goals.
- Priority One Registration – Step ahead of the line when registering for classes.
- Textbooks and School Materials – Receive assistance to help pay for books and supplies. Also check out our Technology Learning Library.
- Transportation – Get a free parking permit or bus pass.
- Graduation Cost – Let us pay your graduation filing fees and get your cap and gown.
- Transfer Fees – Get a waiver for your UC/CSU admission fees.
- Be approved for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) Fee Waiver
- Be a California Resident
- Be educationally underserved
How to Apply for the EOPS Program
If you are interested in attending AVѧԺ and applying for the EOPS Program, it is very important that you complete the following steps as early as possible.
- Complete a AVѧԺ Application, accept College Terms and Conditions in .
- Submit California College Promise Grant or FAFSA application.
- Review .
- Complete the for EOPS, Guardian Scholars, NextUp and TRiO Services.
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
Another component of EOPS is the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program. This program provides educational support services for the academically under prepared, single parent population who are receiving benefits through CalWORKs/TANF and are EOPS eligible.
In addition to receiving EOPS services, CARE students at AVѧԺ will receive enhanced services.
- Be eligible for EOPS
- Be a single parent with at least one dependent receiving CalWORKs cash and benefits