Get Basic Health Services On Campus
Our Health Services emphasize health education, prevention and early intervention to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. Health Services is a student resource; it is not a substitute for your family medical provider nor an alternative to health insurance.
Please schedule an appointment with our office to allow us to schedule enough time for your evaluation and treatment by the nurse practitioners. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will need to reschedule.
We are following , and those from the .
AVѧԺ offers COVID-19 testing for students in the Health Centers on the Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses.
Health Center Services
The mandatory health services fee you pay each semester provides you with free or low-cost medical services in our Health Services offices.
Health Services We Offer
- Athletic Physicals
- Blood Pressure
- COVID-19 Testing (Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses only)
- Family Planning/Birth Control
- Illness Diagnosis and Treatment
- Injury Evaluation and Treatment
- Laboratory Tests
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Physicals: Employment, Fire Tech, Nursing
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Diagnosis and Treatment
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Well Woman Exams
- Students with symptoms or illness can get a free test for COVID by a nurse practitioner at the Health Center (Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses only).
- Employees can pick up a free COVID test kit at the health center, but will need to follow up with their primary health care provider after that.
- After testing positive to a Covid-19, wearing a mask for 10 days can help reduce transmission. Stay home if you are feeling ill. A clearance letter or negative test to Covid-19 is not required to return to campus.
Watch a Video About Our Health Services
Meet some of our staff and learn more about what we offer.
- Lactation Locations on , and
- AVѧԺ Behavioral Intervention CARE Team
FREE Access to Mental Health Services
What TimelyCare Offers
AVѧԺ students have FREE, 24/7 access to virtual health care services with — a virtual health and well-being platform from TimelyMD designed for college students. Students do not need insurance to access TimelyCare services.
As part of AVѧԺ’s partnership with TimelyMD, students have access to services in TimelyCare, including:
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that best works for you.
- Self-Care Content: Visit the “Explore” page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content, including yoga and meditation sessions, as well as group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics.
- Basic Needs Support: Access low or reduced-cost community resources, including food and housing assistance, transit support, childcare, and finances.
Watch a Video About TimelyCare
Students have access to TimelyCare services 365 days a year. That means you have access during breaks, after-hours, and any time you need support! Visit to get started.