Representing Student Voices
The Student Senate provides students with the opportunities to participate in the college’s participatory governance process, to work with the AVѧԺ community to develop activities, support programs and services that promote student success and enhance our campus community.
About the Student Senate
You will find being a member of the Student Senate is both rewarding and demanding at the same time. The skills you develop working with the faculty and staff on campus, you will use long after you leave AVѧԺ.
The Student Senate is responsible for an annual working budget of over $275,000 in program funds. Thank you for your support of the Associated Students.
On this page, learn about:
2023-24 Student Senate
Rocklin Student Senate Officers
Joselin Pacheco Hernandez
Executive Vice President
Director of Finance
Director of Communication
Rebecca Ashley Bachtra
Director of Campus Affairs
Dar Vince “DV” Ocarol
Director of Public Relations
Director of Programs
Rocklin student senators
Carolina Garcia Arguelles
Jasmin Ortiz Vargas
NCC Student Senate OfficerS
To contact the NCC Student Senate, email email@example.com.
NCC Vice President
Student Senate Meetings
Student Senate meetings are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend. During the fall and spring semesters, Student Senate meets every Thursday from 2 to 4pm via Zoom Conference Call.
Zoom Meeting ID: 867 4431 4135
Student Senate does not meet during college breaks or recess.
The Nevada County Campus Student Senate meets Wednesdays from 2 – 3 pm in the ASSC office (N5-104). Agendas and minutes are posted on the Student Senate bulletin board (N5-103).
Meetings are chaired by the NCC Vice President and decisions are made by the NCC Student Senators who are elected by the students of NCC. Any student is welcome to attend.
Inter Club Council (ICC)
Inter Club Council is an organization reporting to the Student Senate that represents the needs and interests of all campus clubs and works to promote interaction and collaboration among the campus clubs. Any student is welcome, whether it’s current club member or students looking to start a club.
The Inter Club Council (ICC) meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 4 pm to 5 pm via Zoom Conference Call.
Meeting ID: 879 3732 5317
ASSC Student Senate Appointment Process
ASSC Student Senate relies on the appointment process to fill vacancies. One exception being the Student Senate President/Student Trustee position, which is an elected position. Students interested in participating in the appointment process must meet the requirements set forth by the California Education Code, AVѧԺ’s Administrative Procedures and Board Policies, and ASSC Constitution and Student Senate Bylaws.
- Be enrolled in the community college at the time of election, and throughout the student’s term, with a minimum of five (5) semester units, or the equivalent quarter units.
- Meet and maintain the minimum standards of scholarship prescribed for community college students by the community college district.
- Be enrolled in an adult education program offered by a community college district pursuant to Article 9 (commencing with Section 84900) of Chapter 5 of Part 50, at the time of the election and throughout the student’s term.
- Be enrolled in the community college at the time of election, and throughout the student’s term, and is a disabled student, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 84850.
- Complete and submit the Appointment Packet application and include your resumé
- Candidates must attend (3) three consecutive Student Senate meetings prior to the interview
- Interviews will take place on the third Student Senate meeting
- Student Senate will vote on the appointment the week following the interview
- Interviews are conducted in the order completed applications are received
- Position descriptions are located in the Student Senate Bylaws
To request a student senate appointment packet, email Mary Vogel.
Student Senate Bylaws and Constitution
The Associated Students’ Constitution defines our mission, purpose and structure. We pledge to serve AVѧԺ Students in their best interest. The Associated Students of AVѧԺ Constitution (May 2014) belongs to the students of AVѧԺ. To revise it, the Student Senate must bring it forward for a district-wide student vote.
The Student Senate Bylaws include Financial Code, Duties and Responsibilities, and Election Code. The Student Senate Bylaws define our organization and financial structure as outlined in the Constitution. The Student Senate votes to change and upgrade these bylaws as needed.
Faculty of the Year Award Nominations
The “Faculty of the Year” award is to acknowledge those professors who go beyond simply lecturing students; they bring learning alive. They are more than just professors; they are role models and mentors in and out of the classroom. Each year the Student Senate nominates professors as “Faculty Members of the Year” for each of the four campuses.