Apply for Debt-Free College Money

State and Federal Grants, unlike a loan, do not have to be paid back. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid () to see if you qualify for either the California Grant (Cal Grant) or Federal Grants (Pell Grants).

Cal Grant

The Cal Grant Program is funded by the State of California. The program helps California residents afford an education at a California college. The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) is the state agency in charge of the grant. It determines student eligibility and the type of Cal Grant the student will receive. The Cal Grant Program funding changes every year. Check  for the latest information on funding. 

Federal Pell Grant

Pell Grants provide federal funds for eligible students to help meet college expenses. To learn more, visit the .

Additional Grant Opportunities

  • Volunteer with AmeriCorps and receive an education award of up to $4,725 each year for up to two years. This program provides full-time educational awards in return for community service. You can register online to submit a voucher payment request form. You can also submit a voucher through the Financial Aid Office. If approved, the funds from the AmeriCorps program will arrive in two payments. The first payment will arrive around the start of the semester and the balance at the mid-point of the semester. You will need to pay for your fees. Once we receive the funds, we will process a refund. For more information, go to the  website.
Virtual Advisor

Get In Touch

Financial Aid Services — Nevada County

Nevada County

Building N1, Room 112

M-R: 8:30am-5pm; F: 8:30am-noon